The Royal Building of Mafra (Palace, Basilica, Convent, Garden of Siege and Tapada) is in full commemoration to celebrate the status of the World Heritage of UNESCO ... and all are invited!
With the motto "The Real Building of Mafra is open doors," on July 20, various activities are planned:
- at the National Palace of Mafra, free guided tours and musical animations with a trio of strings between 10 and 12 hours;
- in the Basilica, several musical moments with organ;
- in the "Escola das Armas", guided visits at 10 and 15 o'clock;
- in the Garden/Jardim do Cerco, between 15 and 18 hours, a re-creation of the period in the reign of D. João VI, denominated "The Playground of the Court", with games, music and dance;
- and, in the National Tapada de Mafra, pedestrian walks between the 10 and the 18 hours.
At night, starting at 10 pm, the Banda Sinfónica do Exército (Army Symphonic Band) and the soprano Daniela Nunes are on stage to pay homage to Portugal and, as background, the Mafra National Palace facade will be full of life with light and video projection .